- Promote savings;
- Help avoid the overhead, waste, fraud and abuse associated with traditional insurance while providing faster payment to providers;
- Protect the doctor-patient relationship from interference, including failure to pay for experimental treatment;
- Promote healthy behavior while reducing moral hazard;
- Defend religious freedom with respect to payment for controversial products and procedures;
- Preserve privacy; and
- Affirm state and individual sovereignty with respect to healthcare.
Please support our cause of self-insurance by joining, making a donation, or volunteering.
We are currently looking to secure passage of Texas HB2243, the dedicated personal insurer act. This bill allows individuals who save to self-insure and avoid individual mandate tax penalties. Contact your legislators to express your support.
If you are currently self-insuring or looking to self-insure, we have sample plan documents that can help you form an employer plan as a self-employed individual if you attempt self-employment activity. By adapting the dedicated personal insurer act to your state, you can work with legislators to be able to self-insure without starting a business. Either approach will allow families to avoid mandate penalties through a savings-based approach.